In line with Auckland Council protocols, Tātaki Auckland Unlimited is committed to being transparent about its activities.
Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987 (LGOIMA)
Under this act, everything we do is public information and our books are open and freely available. Any member of the public or media is able to lodge a request for information.
There are two types of official information request:
- LGOIMA – these are governed by the LGOIMA Act 1987. If you are not happy with the information provided to you under the LGOIMA, you can contact the Office of the Ombudsmen.
- Privacy requests – these requests are governed by the Privacy Act 1993. You have the right to request, view and correct any information we hold about you. If you are not happy with the outcome of your request, you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
Find out more about requesting public information from Auckland Council.
Tātaki Auckland Unlimited Board meetings
Our organisation is governed by a board made up of independent Directors appointed by Auckland Council. Tātaki Auckland Unlimited (TAU) Board meetings are mostly held monthly, and are usually also attended by TAU’s Lead Councillor (elected member).
To ensure our activities on behalf of Aucklanders are transparent, the media and public are welcome to observe the open section of monthly TAU Board meetings (also see TAU Statutory Public Board meetings below). You just need to register in advance using this form.
We usually publish TAU Board agendas on this page five working days prior to each meeting, so people can view the topics for discussion in the public section of an upcoming meeting. We aim to publish papers for discussion a couple of days prior to a meeting.
Some matters that come before the TAU Board need to be discussed in private – for example, where an item requires commercial confidentiality. So these are discussed in the meeting’s closed section. The public, including media, are not able to observe those discussions.
Tātaki Auckland Unlimited Statutory Public Board meetings
In addition to welcoming media and public to attend and observe the open section of monthly TAU Board meetings, all Auckland Council-controlled organisations (including TAU) are required to hold two statutory public meetings a year – see section 96 of the Local Government (Auckland Council) Act 2009 – where the primary agenda item is:
- To consider comments from the shareholder on our draft Statement of Intent (meeting held June/July each year – see Board Meeting Dates)
- To consider performance for the previous financial year against our Statement of Intent (meeting held October/November each year – see Board Meeting Dates).
Members of the public are also welcome to attend these two meetings and may, at the discretion of the TAU Board Chair, make submissions to the TAU Board on the primary agenda item at those meetings.
If you would like to attend or make a submission to one of TAU’s statutory public meetings, you will need to register in advance.
2023 Public Board Information
- Tātaki Auckland Unlimited Board meeting dates 2023
- Public Board Pack August 2023
- Public Board Pack July 2023
- Public Board Pack 1 June 2023
- Public Board Pack April 2023
- Public Board Pack March 2023
- Public Board Pack February 2023
- Public Board Pack January 2023
2022 Public Board Information Packs
- Tātaki Auckland Unlimited Board and Board Committee meeting dates 2022
- Public Board Pack November 2022
- Public Board Pack October 2022
- Public Board Pack September 2022 (Meeting Cancelled)
- Public Board Pack August 2022
- Public Board Pack July 2022
- Public Board Pack June 2022
- Public Board Pack May 2022
- Public Board Pack April 2022
- Public Board Pack March 2022
- Public Board Pack February 2022
- Public Board Pack January 2022
For access to 2021 board reports and pre-merger public information from Regional Facilities Auckland (RFA) and Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development (ATEED), click on the link below.
General TAU Information